Learn more about our services for our corporate clients and nonprofits:
- Professional skills courses: writing in English
- Professional skills courses: speaking and interacting in English
- Intercultural Comms Services
- Editing Services
- learn more about us
- learn more about our services
- video: services for business owners and managers
- learn more about how to contact us
Terugkeren naar het Nederlandse hoofdmenu.
Corporate industries, businesses and nonprofits
Are you a manager or entrepreneur? Do you have international clients? Do you work overseas from time to time with internationally based clients?
What all of these perspectives have in common is the use of English as a lingua franca. Research has shown, however, that communicating in English can cause communicative breakdown, as aspects of your native tongue are transferred to English, your L2 in most cases. So, linguistic, idiomatic and cultural aspects are transferred through language use, without you being aware of it. For example, Dutch entrepreneurs may be perceived as aggressive, whereas British ones may be seen as overly polite and always nice, whereas they may signal more subtle messages, which may not be recognized by the Dutch, for example. The bottom-line is that business may not be conducted as effectively as one would expect due to cultural and communicative differences.
How can you deal with communicative breakdown and how can you narrow down what the reasons for ineffectiveness are? Well, we can help you or your employees in developing more effective communicative skills and increase cultural awareness. What does this mean and what does it involve? We can help you or your employees in developing this awareness of cultural differences and we can offer alternative approaches to conducting business (soft skills) without assimilating too much. That is, so you do not loose your corporate identity due to overt adaptation to the other party involved. More specifically, we can support you in developing the necessary soft-skills and help you navigate those linguistic and cultural differences, while reaching your corporate objectives.
We offer both tailored coaching and training solutions to entrepreneurs/ business owners and corporate industries. Please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
We also offer training consulting services to organizations that require solving, especially issues that revolve around ineffective communication and communicative breakdown, but also redesigning existing training formats.
- Do you need training services to be redesigned and would you like to know what type of investment you are looking at?
- Would you like to get a second opinion with regard to the development of training services, which have already been designed by an employee or hired training professional? More specifically, to prevent over-expenditure of financial resources?
- Or do you happen to have other questions or cases? No problem, just contact us.
Training and Coaching services
Our training solutions are always tailored to the needs of your employees and are in accordance with your corporation’s mission and vision statements. This way, organizational communication with salient stakeholders can be consistent as well as yield ROI. Please see:
- Professional skills – writing: reports, memos, e-mails, minutes (notulen) and agendas and policy documents.
- Professional skills – speaking: presentation skills, pitching, meetings, and telephoning in English.
Please note that the skills pages are written in Dutch for our target audience is based in the Netherlands. Please contact us for more information on any of our services. Please also note that we facilitate Cambridge BEC exam training courses that are suited to business context for which an internationally acknowledged certificate can be obtained through the British Council. An example is Cambridge Business Higher. Finally, we not only offer combined professional skills courses, i.e. writing and speaking incl. receptive skills as listening and reading, but also General Cambridge ESOL Exam courses. We offer such courses in a tailored format to fit your organizational needs.
Rates for corporate training solutions
- € 120,- * **(excl. taxes, i.e. either 0% or 21%) – an individual session of 60 minutes
- € 220,- * ** (excl. taxes, i.e. either 0% or 21%) -a duo session of 60 minuten
- € 400,- * **(excl. taxes, i.e. either 0% or 21%) – a group session (3 – 6 participants) of 60 minutes
* evening (after regular office hours) and weekend rates, i.e. + 20%
** Travel expenses of trainer
We also offer packages that include a minimum of 6 sessions for individual and duo sessions for group courses. For any service, assessment and intake procedure fees apply. Please see heading ‘assessment and intake procedure’ for fixed costs per participant per package. Interested in receiving an offer that is tailored to your organization’s needs? Please contact us.
ASSESSMENT and intake procedure
The initial costs per participant are € 130,- (excl. BTW): intake meeting (30 minutes), language assessment (digital aptitude test and oral assessment), course materials, and a certificate of attendance.
We also offer editing services, for we understand that ad hoc measures might simultaneously be required. Please see editing services for more information about the type of services we offer. Interested in receiving an offer? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.